What is recount text ?
Well, Look at this picture. Going together with your family on the holiday is a nice experience, isn't it ? Have you ever got that experience ? So, first let's discuss about a text called recount and then let's share our experience together.
Recount text is a recount is a text which list and describe past experiences by retelling events in the order in which they happened (chronological order). The purpose of the Recounts text is to retell events with the purpose of either informing or entertaining their audience (or both).
The basic recount consists of three parts:
- the setting or orientation - background information answering who? when? where? why?
- events are identified and described in chronological order.
- reorientation which is concluding comments express a personal opinion regarding the events described
The language features of the recount text are:
- the language is written in simple past tense
- frequent use is made of words which link events in time, such as next, later, when, then, after, before, first,
Recount text can be occur in the form of personal recount (such as biography), factual recount, or imaginative recount. The major difference between recount and narrative text is the generic structure. If a passage doesn't have a conflict and it retells past events, that is called as a recount text.
The example of recount text can be seen through the following link
After, you have read about it now read the exercises for a moment and do it. You can also download it. Just look at the left part of this blog and click the link entitled recount exercises. Do your best and your teacher will give comment to your job on the end of the exercise. Good Luck.
WRITING A PERSONAL LETTER-recount